Changing the lives of children through the power of education
Few Facts about Matific Foundation
- The Matific Foundation has a goal to change the way that students around the world interact with Mathematics. Education has the power to dramatically improve life outcomes for students everywhere however in some parts of the world, through no fault of their own, students are not given these opportunities. The Matific Foundation, in collaboration with local and global partners look to balance out these opportunities.
- The Matific Foundation has partnered with Mr Leon Kamenev and is excited to announce that in 2019 we will launch our very first project, the $5 Million NIKI Initiative.
- Mr. Kamenev has generously donated $1 Million (AUD) in computer hardware and the remaining $4 Million comes in Matific software licences from the Matific Foundation.
- This initiative aims to start working towards the goal of changing life outcomes for students in Nigeria, India, Kenya and Indonesia.
- Schools and communities in these countries are invited to work with their staff and students to submit applications to the Matific Foundation for the available grants. Please note that all applications must be finalised and submited before the 30th of June 2019.
Schools invited to apply for the grants being made available through the Matific Foundation must comply with a few simple criteria. These criteria are designed not to exclude any worthy reciepients but to ensure that those who are successful are able to make full use of the digital program. The successful school must:
- Be geographically located in Nigeria, India, Kenya or Indonesia
- Have students that are aged between 5-12 years old
- Have intermittent access to the internet
- Have access to electricity (for charging/powering computers and tablet devices)
Select the grant category that applies to your school
The Matific Foundation is making it as easy as possible for schools to be able to apply for a grant. By offering two ptions for grant applications schools are able to ensure that they are specifically targeting the grant option which will impact their school the most.Option 1 - Matific Software Grant.
This grant has $3,000,000 available for distribution and is for schools that have established hardware devices at the school. The Matific Software will be provided to the successful schools applicants completely free of charge. Matific's award winning resources are key to improving educational outcomes for students and this has been proven in multiple studies conducted in communities all around the world.Option 2 - Hardware + Software Grant.
This grant has $2,000,000 available for distribution and is for schools that have internet and electricitiy available but are not able to make the impact required due to a lack of devices and quality educational resources. Mr Kamenev has kindly donated $1 million (AUD) for hardware devices which will be combined with an additional $1 million of Matific software. Through local and global partners, the Matific Foundation will work to bring the tablet devices to the schools so that they can access quality resources, including Matific.
Prepare the ApplicationApplications must include the following important information:
- Applicants Name
- Applicants Email
- School Name
- School Address
- School Size (Students)
- School website (If one exists)
- Information regarding the school's access to internet
- Current school computer infrastructure, including a list of devices within the school
- Information regarding the schools access to electricity
- Name of the closest major city
- A statement on how the grant would specifically improve the educational outcomes of students.
- A statement on how the resources would be integrated into the everyday teaching of students.
- A statement on why the school should be considered for the grant.
Submit the Application
Key Dates for Submissions
NIKI Initiative Launch01 Dec 2018
Applications Open07 Dec 2018
Applications Close30 Jun 2019